2015 KBS Symphony Orchestra Audition Announcement
Highly qualified and passionate applicants will be invited to 2015 KBS Symphony Orchestra Audition.
1. Positions Available
- Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Contrabass
- Winds: Flute, Oboe, Bassoon, Clarinet, Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba
- Timpani, Percussion, Harp, Piano
¡Ø Specific available position: Please refer to audition repertoire.
¡Ø Existing audition announcement for 4 positions(Viola principal, Horn principal, Trombone principal, Tuba)
is canceled and integrates with this audition.
2. Qualification for application:
- Applicants should meet the standard of the regulation of the KBS Symphony Orchestra.
- Applicants should be qualified upon broadcasting regulations.
- Korean male applicants should have completed their military service or public service that corresponds
to the national obligation.
¡Ø Applicants who were exempted from military service can apply.
¡Ø The applicants who are in the military service must be discharged from military service until 30 June, 2015.
3. Application Procedure
(1) Application Submitting Period: March 16th (Mon) ?? April 15th(Wed) (until 18:00)
¡Ø All time criteria is based on KOREAN STANDARD TIME, GMT +9
¡Ø Please refer to the attachment, Application guideline for foreign applicants
¡Ø Additional Papers (within applicants who pass the second Round)
- The certificates which verify their college graduation and the highest level of schooling
which they have completed. (the certificates must be authenticated by embassy or notarization)
- Relevant certificates which verify their career.
- The certificate of authentication which government publishes for identification.
4. Audition Schedule
(1) 1st Round | Resume Screening (Result will be announced 22nd of April)
(2) 2nd Round | Live Audition (Date will be announced individually)
(3) Interview: Date will be announced individually after the 2nd round
¡Ø The above schedule can be changed with notice.
- Final successful candidates will work as trainees for 1 year, and there will be a final screening
at the end of the probationary period.
- Applicants who pass this screening will be treated upon the regulation of the KBS Symphony Orchestra
and compensation, services and benefits will be applied to KBS Symphony Orchestra regulation.
6. Other details
- The Audition Committee of KBS Symphony Orchestra reserves the right to dismiss any candidate
not meeting the highest stands at this audition.
- Even for chosen candidates, his/her acceptance will be canceled if he/she fails the physical examination
for employment or if any ineligibility reason is found.
- Submitted documents will not be returned to applicants.
- Music scores will be posted on the web-site on 23rd of March.
- All notices will be delivered by SMS or E-mail. So applicants must make sure they write their correct
information in the application.
7. For further inquiries, please contact KBS Symphony Orchestra office through e-mail at